- K 9 – The word “K-9” pronounces the same as canine and is used in many U.S. police departments to denote the police dog unit. Despite not sounding like the translation of the word canine in other languages, many police and military units around the world use the same designation.
- Mathematics – Nine is the highest single-digit number in the decimal system.
- In base 10 a positive number is divisible by nine if and only if its digital root is 9. That is, if you multiply nine by any natural number, and repeatedly add the digits of the answer until it is just one digit, you will end up with nine:
i. 2 × 9 = 18 (1 + 8 = 9)
ii. 3 × 9 = 27 (2 + 7 = 9)
iii. 9 × 9 = 81 (8 + 1 = 9)
iv. 121 × 9 = 1089 (1 + 0 + 8 + 9 = 18; 1 + 8 = 9)
v. 234 × 9 = 2106 (2 + 1 + 0 + 6 = 9)
vi. 578329 × 9 = 5204961 (5 + 2 + 0 + 4 + 9 + 6 + 1 = 27; 2 + 7 = 9)
vii. 482729235601 × 9 = 4344563120409 (4 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 4 + 0 + 9 = 45; 4 + 5 = 9)
There are other interesting patterns involving multiples of nine:
viii. 12345679 x 9 = 111111111
ix. 12345679 x 18 = 222222222
x. 12345679 x 81 = 999999999
- Biology – On the other hand, 9 seems to be particularly associated with the process of human birth. In addition to the 9 months of gestation, and 9 openings of the body (all of which operate in some fashion in connection with conception and gestation), there is also the fact that the tail of the sperm is made of 9 twisted threads, which after uniting with the egg, forms a centriole, which is a circle of 9 parallel tubes.
- The Nine Muses – in Greek mythology, the nine patron goddesses of the arts; daughters of ZEUS and Mnemosyne, a TITAN who personified memory. They were: Calliope (epic poetry and eloquence), Euterpe (music and lyric poetry), Erato (love poetry), Polyhymnia (oratory or sacred poetry), Clio (history), Melpomene (tragedy), Thalia (comedy), Terpsichore (choral song and dance), and Urania (astronomy).
- NINE IN NUMEROLOGY – Nine is composed of the all-powerful 3×3. Nine – the result of 3×3, nine represents an even greater holiness found in three. It is the Triple Triad. IT represents completion; fulfilment; attainment; beginning and the end; the whole number; a celestial and angelic number. Nine represents the Earthly Paradise. Nine is seen as an incorruptible number. It is the number of the circumference, its division into 90 degrees and into 360 for the entire circumference. Nine is symbolized by the two triangles which are a symbol of male, fire, mountain and female, water, and cave principles.
- Interesting facts about Number 9.
- Nine (known or observed) planets in our solar system.
- Nine month gestation period in human birth process. Note: might this be the process during which the human consciousness becomes fused with, or attuned to, the resonant frequency of “9”?
- Human – normal respiration rate is 18 times per minute
- Human – normal heartbeat is 72 times a minute
- Average number of heartbeats per hour is 4,320
- Average number of respirations per hour is 1,080
- Average number of respirations per 24 hour period is 25,920
- There are 360 degrees in a circle
- Traditionally, the Romans were known to bury their dead on the 9th day of the death
- In the Hindu tradition the present cycle of time consists of 432,000 years. This is called the “Kali Yuga”. The great cycle in which the Kali Yuga falls consists of 4,320,000 years
- In Roman Catholic Europe, the cathedral bells ring 3 + 3 + 3 (morning, noon, evening) and then it rings 9 times to celebrate the virgin birth of the Savior (ibid.)
- The numerological value of the word LOVE is 54.
- The word ENLIGHTENMENT is the only word in the English language in which the letters E-I-G-H-T-E-E-N appear in that order (Lyons, The Language Crystal,1988)
- It has often been said the game of baseball is a metaphor for life. The game does have several connections to the number 9. There are 9 players on a team. The bases are 90 feet apart. There are 9 innings to a regular game. There are probably more, but I kind of like this rather obscure one: The Knickerbocker Baseball Club drafted the rules establishing the 9-player team in 1845. 1+8+4+5=18 (1+8=)!
- According to Michael Lawrence Morton (archaeo-cryptographer) the known arc distance on Earth from Pole to equator is exactly 5400 nautical miles. Also the polar circumference of Earth is 21,600 nautical miles, 7920 is the number of statute miles of the mean diameter of Earth.
- In order to become a Zen Master, one must solve 54 koans, or puzzles which require deep insight and enlightenment (Ibid.).
- Many Buddhists and Hindus wear sets of 108 beads.
- In Chinese Culture – Besides 6 and 8, Chinese people like 9 very much as 9 has the same pronunciation with 久 (Jiu, meaning everlasting). On the Valentine’s Day, a man usually presents his lover 99 or 999 roses to symbolize the eternal love. Similarly, according to the traditional Chinese marriage custom, the bridegroom has to give a Red Packet to his bride’s family, in which CNY 9,999 or CNY 99,999 is enclosed to bless a long-lasting marriage of the couple.
- Nine Fruits of Holy Spirit – The Fruit of the Holy Spirit is a biblical term that sums up the nine visible attributes of a true Christian life. They are love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
- Nine Spiritual Gifts – In Christianity, spiritual gifts are endowments given by the Holy Spirit. These are the supernatural graces which individual Christians need to fulfill the mission of the church. They are Word of wisdom, Word of knowledge, Faith, Gifts of healings, Miracles, Prophecy, Distinguishing between spirits, Tongues, Interpretation of tongues
- Navadhatu – Nine metals – The nine metals are the seven sacred metals, corresponding to the sacred seven planets: gold (Sun), silver (moon), mercury (Mercury), copper (Venus), iron (Mars), tin (Jupiter), antimony (Saturn) plus nickel and zinc make nine.
- Navapatrika – Nine leaves – Navpatrika, are the leaves of nine plants used during Durga Puja rituals in Bengal, Orissa and other parts of Eastern India. The nine plants that are used include plantain (Banana), Kachvi or Kacci or Kachu, Turmeric, Barley, wood apple (Bilva), pomegranate, Asoka, manaka or Mana and rice paddy or Dhanya.
- Navamegham – Nine clouds – Savartham, avartham, pushkalam, dronam, neelam, kalam, varunam, vayamyam and thamam.
- Navasayakam – 9 inferior castes – cowherd, Gardner, oilman, weaver, confectioner, water carrier, potter, blacksmith and barber.
- Navamukhi Rudraaksha – In the concept of Rudraaksha; Navamukhi (nine faced) is known to represent Nava Durga (nine forms of the Goddess) and its ruling planet is Kethu. It is believed to bestow upon the wearer energy, dynamism, fearlessness and spiritual development. It is also used as a remedy for Kethu and Venus related problems.